How to Choose LED Fog Lights for Your Jeep Wrangler?
Jeep Wrangler is one vehicle that allows me to travel anywhere my mind pleases. While the darkness of the night can be quelled using bright headlights, the same tactic may not work on a misty and foggy road.
On those roads, I need fog lights that give me a better view. They are also effective in the rain, hence their alternate name- floodlight.
As an owner of this popular model, I needed the best LED fog lights for my Jeep Wrangler. LED fog lights are excellent since they provide higher brightness with lower energy.
The fruition of my research on these lights was the list you can find below. It contains only the best and most reliable fog lights.
Best LED Fog Lights For Jeep Wrangler In 2022
Table of Contents
- Best LED Fog Lights For Jeep Wrangler In 2022
- 1. Xprite 4 Inch LED Fog Lights
- 2. LX-Light LED Headlights and 4" LED Fog Lights
- 3. DNA Motoring FL-ZTL-312-CH Full LED Projector Front Driving Fog Light Lamp Set
- 4. Galvor LED Fog Lights For 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK
- 5. ONLINE LED STORE Fog Light + CREE LED Headlight
- 6. SUNPIE 4 inch RGBW Halo LED Fog Lights
- 7. AUXLIGHT White 4 Inch LED Fog Lamps
- 8. AUDEXEN 4 Inch Chrome Smiley Design Cree LED Fog Lights
- 9. CAFOPAR 4 inch LED Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler
- 10. OVOTOR LED Fog Lights
- How to Find the Best Jeep Wrangler LED Fog Lights ?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are LEDs Good for Fog Lights?
- Which Is More Expensive, LED or HID?
- What Type of Light Is Best for Fog Light?
- Are aftermarket LED fog lights legal?
- What is the best color temperature for fog lights?
- Which is better LED or halogen fog lights?
- Are amber lights better for fog?
- How many lumens should fog lights be?
- What's the difference between LED fog lights and LED headlights?
- Do fog lights get hot?
- Final Note
1. Xprite 4 Inch LED Fog Lights
Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited JKu 2007-2018
- You get a high brightness and whiteness level. You can also go for the amber light.
- The fog lights come with an additional hex key to help you adjust the beam patterns.
- There are additional conversion cables to help you install.
- You will need to get an anti-flicker separately to prevent flickers on the fog lights.
The pair of fog lights from Xprite starts this list. They are compatible with Jeep Wrangler from 2007 to 2018, and they come with two color options. Yes, white is the primary choice for many of us. But for fog lights, amber will do better.
By using LED Cree chips, Xprite managed to get a high lumen of 2,800 from them. It is pretty bright, and there is a whiteness of 6,000K. Not to mention, the high-quality chips help extend their lifespan.
We got an excellent angle of the beam on these fog lights. However, I was also able to adjust the beam pattern by rotating the adjustment pin. For that reason, the package includes a hex key.
I was able to install them using the plug-and-play feature. By utilizing the conversion cables, I could directly fit the lights. Note that your Jeep Wrangler must be a 2-door model to accept them.
Since the floodlights have to go through many rainy days, they have waterproof sealed housing. It also doesn’t get damaged from dust or debris. You can use the fog light in any season without worry.
2. LX-Light LED Headlights and 4" LED Fog Lights
100% original High-Performance Cree led chips, Black durable aluminum housing, shock-proof waterproof(IP67).
- You get quality headlights and fog lights in the same package.
- LX-Light used heat-conductive materials to remove excess heat easily from the lights.
- The lights are very bright and provide a beam pattern approved by DOT. You can find DOT and E-mark stamps on the product.
- It is a bit tough to install them. The instruction is not that clear either.
It is better to replace the headlights and fog lights of your vehicle in one go. This product from LX-Light helped us with that upgrade. We got a headlight of 7-inch and fog lights of 4 inches in the pack. Both of them contain durable and sealed black housing.
The headlight contains a DRL with a switchback design to change to an amber turn signal. They work like a halo ring around both headlights and fog lights. I really like this combo for your Jeep Wrangler from 1997 to 2017.
For the lens, the manufacturers used glass materials of high quality. They contain a waterproof level of IP67 to prevent any water particle or moisture from entering inside.
It also blocks dust from the air and road. Their bodies have aluminum and polycarbonate components, ensuring better heat conductivity to keep the parts cool.
The light we got is 4,800 lumens on the high beam and 3,000 lumens on the low. Meanwhile, the fog lights provide 1,600 lumens. Both have a color temperature of 6,000K.
3. DNA Motoring FL-ZTL-312-CH Full LED Projector Front Driving Fog Light Lamp Set
Fit for DODGE CHARGER 2011-2014, DODGE JOURNEY 2010-2019, JEEP CHEROKEE 2014-2018, JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 2011-2013, JEEP WRANGLER 2007-2017, JEEP WRANGLER JK 2018
- The wiring harnesses in the box are of high quality with perfect size.
- These fog lights look really cool and increase your safety during rain and fog.
- It has an affordable rate.
- Moisture can form inside. It is not easy to remove.
Next up, we have a set of fog lights that looks absolutely stunning and made my vehicle attractive when installed. It is a black LED projector fog light, but you can also get a factory-style chrome one. I highly recommend the black one for its look.
The back of the housing is ABS plastic, which is a durable variation of the material. You can notice that the cover of the lenses is clear.
It ensures no blockage of the light particles. Even after the promise by DNA Motoring, we tested the product and found its excellent water resistance. But water may still go inside after heavy rain.
Meanwhile, the manufacturers designed the fog lights with the exact size of the factory ones. As a result, we could install them by reversing the uninstalling process of the original lights.
There is a fog light bracket on the sides to secure them in place firmly. If you own a Jeep Wrangler from 07-17 or Jeep Wrangler JK from 2018, you should check out this item.
4. Galvor LED Fog Lights For 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK
DOT Approved, 30W Wattage, 1600LM, cool white Cree led chips.
- The 5D lenses of the fog lights provide high-quality wide and bright lighting. You get 1,600 LM and 6,500K max color from them.
- The item has two variations, one that comes with halo rings and one that doesn’t.
- It is pretty cheap in cost.
- Some people received defective, wrong variation, or returned items.
- There is no instruction for the installation or wiring.
When it comes to a durable fog light set, the ones from Galvor take the cake. 07-18 Jeep Wranglers are compatible vehicles for them. These lights are available with and without halo rings. Both variations have black housing. They are totally DOT and SAE approved, ensuring the utmost safety.
These amazing fog lights are one of the best budget options I found. They are also really energy-efficient and can work under -40° to 176° F. When compared with halogen fog lights, these ones provide a lengthy and twice as brighter output. Adjusting the beam angle is really easy.
Unlike many average ones, the fog lights feature a 5D lens. It comes with a factory size, including the power plugs. The weatherproof level of IP67 keeps them okay in the rain, dust, and during car wash.
We should mention that the fog lights was only compatible for our Jeep Wrangler JK with two doors and Unlimited JK with four doors.
5. ONLINE LED STORE Fog Light + CREE LED Headlight
With up to 4500 lumens of clean white light pouring out of 9 powerful CREE LEDs
- These spectacular fog lights also include a pair of headlights in the package. There is also an H16 connector, an H4-H13 converter, wire extensions, and an instruction manual.
- Their brightness is so high and focused downward. It doesn’t dazzle any passerby or driver.
- IP67 waterproof level is ideal for fog lights and headlights.
- Even though the fog lights are high-quality, the installation can be difficult for many. We suggest taking professional help.
Some of us like halo designs on fog lights, while others do not. For this reason, the ONLINE LED STORE has come with a product that provides both halo and no-halo variations. The other thing we found in the box is a pair of 7-inch headlights. I used it to conduct a total replacement of my Jeep Wrangler front lighting.
Suitable for Jeep Wrangler 87-18, these headlights and fog lights feature an H4 plug-and-play feature. The halo works as a daytime running light and turn signals based on its color switches. We could switch it between white and amber.
Vehicles with halogen factory headlights often show error codes upon using new LED lights. The fog lights and headlights have built-in CANbus to prevent that. It has total DOT compliance, for that matter.
There are 9-pieces of powerful CREE LEDs inside the headlight to provide a crisp white light beam that stretches far ahead on the road than the stock headlight. We got a total of 4,500 lumens from these beams.
Meanwhile, the fog lights contain 6-OSRAM LEDs. It enabled me to travel through rain and fog with a lumen of 1,440.
6. SUNPIE 4 inch RGBW Halo LED Fog Lights
Fit for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK/JKU Rubicon Sahara Sport, 1997-2006 TJ/TJ
- You can control the halo LED using your smartphone. The lights will be on the same color when you relit them.
- It has a fine heat dissipation system.
- IP65 weatherproof level is not that suitable for rain. Moisture can end up inside.
Many of us want to see RGBW lighting with vivid colors from our vehicles. The SUNPIE Halo LED Fog Lights come exactly with that feature. I wanted to try them out if you own a two-door Jeep Wrangler or four-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007 to 2018. It is also available at a low cost.
Aside from fog lights, these lights are also usable as the headlight of many motorcycle models that accepts 4 inches size.
There are also many other applications of it. Mainly, the lights have a lumen of 1,020 with a color of 6,000K. That is enough unless your headlight is not that bright.
They run on 13.5V and have an output power of 30W. SUNPIE used 5-pieces of CREE LED on the fog lights for high-quality lighting. Aluminum has a higher heat conductivity. That’s why the brand used this material as the rear part of the housing.
7. AUXLIGHT White 4 Inch LED Fog Lamps
Compatible with 2007-2018 Jeepp Wrangler JK JKU
- The all-weather design ensures a worry-free experience under the rain and snow. Polycarbonate lenses remove the chances of easy scratches.
- Their LED CREE chips can run a low-energy consuming operation.
- The fog lights are easily installable.
- The fog lights are not that bright.
I wanted a budget but quality option. The fog lights from Auxlight met my requirements. Many of us already know that Auxlight is a top-notch brand when it comes to lighting products.
These fog lights can beam up the road ahead with 2,800 lumens and last a long time.
Another great thing about them is their lower energy consumption than regular LED fog lamps. The brand used CREE LED chips with advanced tech to achieve that. Adjusting the beams is also possible with the fog lights. I only needed to twist the screw top or bottom.
It takes around 10 to 15 minutes to install the fog lamps. I utilized the conversion wiring for an easier installation.
The mixture of clear polycarbonate lenses and aluminum alloy housing earned the item a DOT and SAE approval. We installed them on 2-door Jeep Wrangler and 4-door Wrangler Unlimited JK from 07-18.
8. AUDEXEN 4 Inch Chrome Smiley Design Cree LED Fog Lights
Waterproof IP67 and above 50,000 hours lifespan. 3000LM at low beam, 6000LM at High beam for headlight, 1600LM for fog light.
- The fog lights have IP67 weatherproof. But even if moisture gets inside, you can remove it using the breathing valve.
- The PMMA lenses are much stronger than average plastic ones.
- You get both headlights and fog lights with exquisite designs.
- Shockingly enough, the connections for the fog lights do not match the stock ones. The installation process requires matching connectors separately.
Whether you like chrome or black housing design, AUDEXEN has good options. But the major reason why we wanted the product is the performance and unique designs of these fog lights. By the way, we also got a set of headlights along.
The 4-inch LED fog lights feature a surprisingly attractive smiley pattern. It looks so unique and will certainly turn some heads. The headlights are also astounding.
For the lens materials, AUDEXEN used poly (methyl methacrylate). It is used on many lighting products and is stronger and less harmful than polycarbonate. There are LED halo rings for running lights on the headlights, aside from low and high beams.
The light patterns on the road will keep you safe. It doesn’t glare. These lights have DOT, E-mark, CE certifications.
OSRAM is a LED type used on these fog and headlights, which lasts longer. Get them for a Jeep Wrangler TJ 97-06, TJ Unlimited/LJ 03-06, CJ 76-86, 2-door JK 07-15, 4-door JK Unlimited 07-15. You can also use them on Jeep Wrangler JL 18-21.
9. CAFOPAR 4 inch LED Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler
Fit for Jeep Wrangler JL JLU 2018-2021, Round Halo LED Fog Lamps for Jeep Gladiator JT 2020
- The cover on the lenses keeps water and dust out and saves the LEDs from damage.
- You get additional mounting brackets for plastic bumpers and two pieces of adapters in the package.
- It is easy to install these fog lights and modify the beam angle.
- The plastic brackets are not that durable.
- The lights are not that bright. But it is understandable considering the price.
The LED fog lights from Cafopar come with a classic design and LED halo. These 4-inches round lights will fit in Jeep Wrangler JL JLU from 2018 to 2021. Like many of the products above, the lights have LED white daytime running lights that switch to amber for the turn signal.
At an affordable cost, we got a fog light with 1,200 lumens that offers a lifespan of around 55,000 hours. LED fog lights require the best quality build to keep up their performance.
That is how Cafopar constructed these lights. You will see rebreather holes on the rear that removes moisture trapped inside. Meanwhile, just beside, there is the beam adjuster that is easy to handle.
For proper heat transferring, manufacturers used aluminum alloy housing. It has a sealed design to prevent water as much as possible. Also, the IP67 polycarbonate lenses have a special coating that further protects them from UV, water, and dust.
10. OVOTOR LED Fog Lights
Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK Dodge Chrysler
- It is so energy-efficient. You get 2,000 LM with 20W.
- The fog lights feature a unique fish eye design.
- The lights are long-lasting.
- You may need to modify some wires to install them.
- 6,500K color temperature is not ideal for fog lights.
We used another budget option here. The two round lights from the OVOTOR store come with white halo rings. But what surprised us was their durability. Also, you will be getting 2,000 lumens with just power of 20W. It is highly energy-efficient.
Constructed with aluminum alloys and a PC lens, these fog lights can work perfectly under -4° to 149° F. There is an ingress protection level of IP67 on them. Although, we didn’t quite like the 6,500K color as fog lights should have below 6,000K temperature.
For the chips, OVOTOR used Philips LED chips. They work epically even with low power input. This bright light focuses on the road.
I could also adjust the beam pattern to get that perfect beam angle. The fog lights feature a fish eye design that is something new indeed.
The suitable vehicle models for these fog lights are 2-door Jeep Wrangler and 4-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JK 07-18. There are many other compatible vehicles too.
How to Find the Best Jeep Wrangler LED Fog Lights ?
When buying any automotive parts, research is mandatory. Most of these components define your safety when you are behind the steering wheel. Fog lights for Jeep Wrangler are no different.
They have several factors that differentiate them from good to bad. Since you are looking for a pair, you may want to check the points below. They will help you understand the various aspects of a LED light too.
Size and Compatibility
The first and foremost aspect to check while buying vehicle lighting is the compatible vehicles. Many fog lights say that they are suitable for Jeep Wranglers.
But that doesn’t automatically mean that it will fit yours. The same model released in different years may contain different functions. So, aside from models, check their year of release too.
There are several LED types that determine your experience with fog lights. Both OSRAM and Phillips LEDs provide clear and concentrated beams without any dark range. The latter is more comfortable to the eyes while the former produces the best light out there.
The light from COB, CREE, and EPISTER LEDs are almost the same to our eyes. But testing on a machine, you will find CREE performing the best. CREE is also the most energy-efficient one.
The CSP chips are smaller than regular ones, but they provide the same brightness as the others. Our suggestions? Pick any from OSRAM, Phillips, CREE, or CSP LEDs.
Color Temperature and Brightness
The color temperature of lighting is measured by Kelvin. Lower color gives warmish and yellow light while higher ones give white and bluish. For fog lights, the perfect color range is from 3,000K to 6,000K.
Try not to go any higher as blue light is not practical enough in the rain and fog. They reflect back to our eyes and reduce the beam distance a lot.
Meanwhile, Low-colored lights don’t do that. They penetrate through the rainwater and give us better visibility.
For brightness, we suggest going for at least 1,200LM. High brightness won’t be an issue. You can sacrifice some lumens if your Jeep Wrangler headlights are bright enough.
Installation on Your Jeep Wrangler
Look for fog lights that come with a plug-and-play feature. It must have an exact 1:1 size of the OEM. Otherwise, you will have to conduct some modifications or wiring to install them. Look for an instruction manual in the package or from the manufacturers.
Manufacturers use various materials to construct vehicle headlights and fog lights. But among them, aluminum alloys perform best for their high thermal conductivity. They also do not face corrosion easily. Polycarbonate lenses are ideal for lenses.
But PMMA or poly (methyl methacrylate) bests plastic ones. The fog lights should have at least IP67 to tackle immersion and carwashes. Ones with breathing valves to remove moisture last longer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are LEDs Good for Fog Lights?
If we compare with halogen fog lights, LED is so much better in many ways. The two best advantages are that they save lots of energy and last so long. LED fog lights also can produce much brightness. They are costly, though.
Which Is More Expensive, LED or HID?
When buying, LED lights have a higher price than HID. However, if you look at the long run, LED lights will save you better. It is because of their superior energy efficiency.
What Type of Light Is Best for Fog Light?
Trust us when we say that lower color temperature is better for fog lights. Well, you can go for anywhere between 3,000K to 6,000K. Yellow beams can penetrate rainwater much more effectively than blue or white.
So, they give you a far distance in rain and fog. They are also comfortable staring for a long time. White or blue lights can cause eye fatigue after prolonged drives.
Are aftermarket LED fog lights legal?
Generally, they are not. While they may save you money on your gas bill, they’re considered illegal in some states, and you could face hefty fines if you get caught.
What is the best color temperature for fog lights?
The best color temperature for fog lights is between 3000K and 6000K. This range gives you the most vibrant colors for better visibility. Some high-end models can go up to 6500K, which is ideal for a clear day.
Which is better LED or halogen fog lights?
Both fog lights are good options for driving during low light conditions. However, we recommend LEDs for their lower energy consumption and brighter illumination. You may need to change bulbs on both fog lights periodically though.
Are amber lights better for fog?
Amber lights work as a good form of de-fog, but they’re not as effective as other light sources. They are more suitable for outdoor lighting purposes, and less suitable for indoor ones.
How many lumens should fog lights be?
Fog lights should ideally be about 1300 to 1500 lumens. This is a general rule of thumb that you can use for most lighting.
But this also depends on the size of your vehicle, the size of the lighting, the amount of light required for visibility, and the type of light. So you would need to experiment with a few different models to get the right brightness for your needs.
What's the difference between LED fog lights and LED headlights?
LED fog lights are essentially a light bar that lights up a wider area of your car, allowing you to see further ahead and around corners. On the other hand, LED headlights are designed to provide illumination in the front of your vehicle.
Do fog lights get hot?
Fog lights are a popular accessory for most vehicles, but these lights tend to get quite hot in hot weather. Most manufacturers recommend to turn them off when temperatures rise to over 70°F, but this depends on your vehicle, and you should always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
While our list contains the best LED fog lights for Jeep Wrangler, you may still find tiny flaws in each. It is inevitable as almost no product is 100% flawless.
That is why we think you should check both the pros and cons of the products to know about them better. Reading the customer’s reviews will also help.
Remember that any fog lights you get should serve you for around 30,000 serving hours at the least. They come with a hefty price.
So, you shouldn’t leave any room for mistakes. Research and browsing through various fog lights may take time, but it won’t be a waste.