Guide To Choose Headlights for F150 – FAQ From Users
As an owner of a Ford F-150, anyone will be more than willing to spend some extra behind the vehicle headlight as safety measures. With that being said, not all of us succeed even after spending a high sum and time.
Vehicle headlights are one of the products with many traits to look at. For Ford F150, you should look for a headlight size of H11 for low beam and 9005 for high beam.
Me and my automotive enthusiast group of friends used some of the best headlights for F150 on today’s market. Our priorities included brightness, high-quality lens, high cheap efficiency, easy installation, and a long lifespan. Here are the results:
Best Headlight For F150 Ford Truck - 2022
Table of Contents
- Best Headlight For F150 Ford Truck - 2022
- 1. OEDRO Headlight Assembly Compatible with 2004-2008 F150 Headlights
- 2. Brock Replacement 4 Pc Headlights with Park Signal Lights
- 3. AmeriLite Chrome Projector Headlights LED Bar Set for Ford F150
- 4. MODIFY STREET AlphaRex Base Model Black Fit 18-20 Ford F150 Halogen Type
- 5. AmeriLite Black C-Type LED Tube Projector Headlights Set for 1997-2003 Ford F150
- 6. AmeriLite Black Dual Intense LED Bar Stripe Dual Projector Headlights Pair
- 7. ACANII - For 2009-2014 Ford F150 Pickup Black Housing Raptor Style
- 8. AmeriLite Chrome Projector Headlights LED Halo Bar Turn Signal Set for Ford F-150
- 9. ACANII - For 2004-2008 Ford F150 Pickup Truck Black Housing LED Light
- 10. Fahren H11/H9/H8 10000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Note
1. OEDRO Headlight Assembly Compatible with 2004-2008 F150 Headlights
Compatible with 2004-2008 Ford F150, 2006-2008 Lincoln Mark LT. (NOTE: NOT Compatible with 2004 F150 Heritage & Flareside Beds Models.)
The OEDRO pair is both a stylish and functional option for your F150. First of all, visually these look excellent because of the black housing and a unique shape.
Also, if you are looking for quality amber reflectors along with headlights for F150, the OEDRO is a decent choice.
The PC cover is suitable to tackle impact, high temperature, and dust without getting damaged. The headlights feature quality heat stabilizers, ensuring that you can drive through the hottest summer days without any problems.
- Plug and play installation for your F150.
- Includes excellent heat stabilizer that increases resistance against high temperature.
- Features ultraviolet absorbent that ensures that the lights do not dim over time.
- Without silicone sealing, water and moisture may go in.
2. Brock Replacement 4 Pc Headlights with Park Signal Lights
Set with Headlights and Park Lamps also fits 97-99 F250 Light Duty and 97-02 Expedition
Even though the Brock headlights may not look as stylish as the OEDRO or the AmeriLite options, they are one of your classic-looking headlamps for your 97-03 F150 trucks.
Provided with a pair of park signal lights, you can go for these if you want to spend less but get high-quality headlights.
These are plug-and-play items but it can still take around 30 minutes for installation. It isn’t too bad considering how many other plug and play options take around an hour to be set up.
Weather protection of these headlights is similar to most other options on this list and even better than the OEDRO headlamps.
- Provides protection against debris and water.
- Excellent optimum illumination.
- Around 30 minutes for installation; plug and play but not fast enough.
3. AmeriLite Chrome Projector Headlights LED Bar Set for Ford F150
Fits with 2009-2014 Ford F-150 (For Halogen Type Only)
With four different light modes, the AmeriLite is a stylish option for the 2009-2014 F150 models. This specific pair rocks a unique design and black housing, making the headlights look excellent for your F150 vehicle.
These lights offer DRL, amber turn signal, high and low beam options while driving. The DRL light plays into the style factor of the car.
The high and low beams of these headlights are excellent and much brighter than what you will get from regular stock headlights.
On the other hand, some users didn’t like how the DRL LED light was not bright enough to see properly during the day. Overall, if you are looking for both quality and style then these are the ones to go for!
- Beautiful black housing and design improve its aesthetical aspects.
- Quite brighter than regular stock headlights with high and low beams.
- The DRL LED is not bright enough.
4. MODIFY STREET AlphaRex Base Model Black Fit 18-20 Ford F150 Halogen Type
Fits with 18-19 Ford F150 (Does not fit stock LED Headlights)
The LED tube DRL and turn signal give the AlphaRex by ModifyStreet a touch of elegance. The black housing also adds some style to this headlight and some would even consider this option over AmerLite or the OEDRO headlamps. As the DRL is quite visible even during the day, we may also say these are the most stylish headlights for F150 2021.
The unique shape of the headlights makes them a bit hard to install even though they are plug-and-play. The AlphaRex provides 5 different light modes such as turn signal, DRL, amber light, high beam, and low beam. If you are willing to spend a significant amount on quality and styles, go for these!
- Stylish black background and unique shape that makes your F150 look unique.
- The DRL is bright and looks excellent during the day.
- Plug and play but still can take a while to install.
5. AmeriLite Black C-Type LED Tube Projector Headlights Set for 1997-2003 Ford F150
Fits with 97-03 Ford F150 / 04 F150 Heritage, 97-02 Ford Expedition, 98-99 Ford F250
A LED light set that provides proper visibility during both day and night is everyone’s preference. The AmeriLite Black C-Type can promise you that since it is built to do so. Its low beam has h3, and the high beam has a 9005 size, making it the perfect LED headlights for f-150 from 1997 to 2003.
Safety is one of the prime reasons behind LED lights, and to add more to that, these headlights have a turn signal feature. As a result, drivers behind you can understand when you are turning your f-150. Additionally, there is a safety reflection and running light too.
The LED light has an easy installation process, thanks to the plug-and-play design. This package contains both the left and right headlights, which are OEM approved. You can bet that they will last for a long time without fading. That is because there is a UV coating that repels such harmful rays.
- Available in both black and chrome color options.
- UV-Coating for protection against dangerous sun rays.
- The headlights don’t fit accurately to some models it promises.
6. AmeriLite Black Dual Intense LED Bar Stripe Dual Projector Headlights Pair
Fits with 2015 2016 2017 Ford F-150 (Do Not Fit Factory Xenon HID Version)
If you find the previous AmeriLite LED headlight interesting, but your f-150 is from 2015 – 2017, then here is the one for you. The AmeriLite Black Dual Intense is a black housing projector headlight that not only makes your vehicle look good but also provides excellent efficiency.
For the low and high beams of this LED, manufacturers used H7 halogen bulbs. Meanwhile, the dual-parking light bars are high-quality LED lights. Its safety reflectors have an amber hue, and there is the same color for the turn signal (3157 size) and side markers. The UV-coating feature and effortless installation system make this one of the best LED headlights for F150.
- Have black and chrome housing with amber turn signals for the best look.
- The lights are DOT and SAE approved, which makes them legal in most nations.
- The projector light patterns are so limited and won’t let you change much.
7. ACANII - For 2009-2014 Ford F150 Pickup Black Housing Raptor Style
Fits with 2009-2014 Ford F150
Featuring both left and right projectors, the ACANII Raptor Style is a uniquely designed set of headlights for the 2014 ford F150. It supports headlight requirements with a size of H7. Most of our prime concern with headlights is their legality. Worry not, as these lights have seals of approvals from DOT and SAE.
The parts of the item are all similar to OEM. We should mention that these headlights are not a replacement for headlights that are factory HID. There are DIP LED that works better warning drivers behind your vehicle than regular headlights.
For a better view at night, the plasma tubes are created to be suitable with DRL. As a result, you and upcoming traffic can see each other clearly. However, unlike the AmeriLite Black Dual Intense, the installation process is almost impossible to do on your own.
- It comes with both left and right projector headlights in a unique raptor style.
- The lenses are polycarbonate, which is a tough material.
- For installation, you will need professional help, costing you some more.
8. AmeriLite Chrome Projector Headlights LED Halo Bar Turn Signal Set for Ford F-150
Fits with 09-14 Ford F150 (For Halogen Type Only)
After coming across four LED headlights from AmeriLite, you can already guess that they are the top of the game. Their Black Projector Headlights are enough to satisfy you. These headlights for 2011 F150 meet all the standards by SAE and DOT.
This headlight set is almost similar to the previous three AmeriLite headlights. But this is especially for 2009 to 2014 models. Iconic to the brand, the installation process is understandable by even someone with no experience. It features a plug-and-play setup. For the bulb sizes,
AmeriLite chose H1 for high beam and H7 for low. Both the turn signal and running lights are LED and provide an intense light beam. Meanwhile, the lenses are durable and crystal clear.
- Even though the instruction manuals are absent, the installation is totally easy thanks to the plug-and-play design.
- The turn signals, running lights, and side markers all are LED. It is really long-lasting.
- They are not suitable for off-roading as muds or dirt can go inside.
9. ACANII - For 2004-2008 Ford F150 Pickup Truck Black Housing LED Light
Fits with 2004-2008 Ford F150
[2-Door Regular Cab | 3/4-Door Extra Cab | 4-Door Crew Cab] but not for 2004 Heritage Models.
Like AmeriLite, Acanii is also a top-tier brand for vehicle headlights. The ACANII Headlamps Set from them offers a practical design. Compatible with f150, this headlight pack comes with a 9006 low beam and an H1 high beam size.
Durability is a prime feature when it comes to headlights. The UV-repellent polycarbonate lens glasses, along with sturdy housing, ensured their longevity. It is a literal stock headlight replacement, meaning there is no need for modification.
In fact, you can install it with little knowledge on these matters. With both left and right lights, this F150 LED headlight is for 2004-2008 models, while the ACANII Raptor Style is for 2009-2014. Other than that, they are almost similar.
- Thanks to the Plasma Tubes, your f150 will be clearly visible by anyone near or far.
- They go with the legality factors of the USA and Canada. They are also DOT-approved.
- You can’t install it without expert aidance.
10. Fahren H11/H9/H8 10000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights
Perfectly fit into your housing and factory sockets without any modification, just plug and play
If you want a high-classed LED headlight bulb for F-150, the Fahren H11/H9/H8 LED has the potential to please you. With a color temperature of 6500K, you can use the Xenon White from your headlights. You need to have a 60W connection for these lights. You won’t find an LED headlight brighter than 10,000 lumens of this one.
To protect your headlights from rain or car-washing, Fahren made them IP68 waterproof. With 300% more brightness than regular headlights, you can see 200 meters ahead of your vehicle at night.
For easy installation, there is plug-and-play, along with three different plug sizes- H8, H9, and H11. The cooling system of this item has a rotation of 12,000 per minute. So, they can cool with high efficiency.
- Excellent grade aluminum body made the cooling system smooth.
- It has a light efficiency of 98%. It’s the reason behind its 50,000 hours lifespan.
- The locker ring is adjustable, letting you set the desired beam pattern.
- The lights can start flickering, or the lumen may reduce after using for months. It doesn’t happen to everyone, though.
When buying a new set of headlights for your Ford f-150, things can get confusing. Firstly, you have to pick a type of headlight among the three. Then there are also other factors within each of these headlight kinds.
In this article, we will try to give you some necessary information regarding Ford f150 headlights. Hopefully, these points can aid you in purchasing the best quality headlight for your vehicle.
Halogen, HID, or LED
Yes, these are three options that you have for headlight types. The halogen bulbs emit yellowish warmer light and are not suitable for night driving. But they are so cheaper compared to the other two. Get one if you are don’t drive at night.
HID headlights offer brighter light and last for over 8,000 hours of usage. If you go for HID bulbs, make sure that it has an H11 size for low beam and a 9005 size for high beam. The installation process of HID lights can be confusing.
LED headlights are the best yet costliest among the three. They can last as high as 50,000 hours and offer a simple installation process.
The lumen of the headlight represents its brightness level. Halogen bulbs obviously have a low lumen. For HID, it can be between 2000 to 5000LM. LED headlights usually come with a lumen of 3500 to 8000LM.
There is also the matter of different LM on low and high beams. But make sure that the brightness level of the light goes according to your state laws.
No matter which headlight type you choose, the color temperature can range between 3500 to 8000K. The color temperature indicates the color of the light and also how hot the headlights can get. A higher color temperature means a whiter light that can heat up the system highly.
Lower color temperature below 3500K will provide warmer yellowish light. But it is not enough for night driving. We recommend going for 5000K for the high beam as it has a balanced white color.
Check whether the lens of the headlights is of high-quality glasses. By high-quality, we mean tempered glass. They are durable and resistant to stain and scratches.
Moisture Removing Feature
Many lights don’t have this feature, while some have it. They use the heat from the cooling system to remove moisture from the light and eliminate fogginess. It’s an excellent trait for headlights.
Few footage from our lab
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of headlights does a Ford F-150 take?
A Ford F-150 can be powered by either halogen or LED headlights. These headlights usually come with a single bulb, and only one function.
You can use them with your Ford F-150 to turn on the headlight, fog lamp, and turn signals, but you can't use them for high beams and brake lights.
Ford F-150 take bi-xenon headlights too, which are available in two different types: single and double-tipped. Both versions have the same light output. But a double-tipped version is more preferable for its enhanced visibility and safety, and hence, it’s the better option.
But You should consult with an auto mechanic to know more about how to install these headlights.
How bright are stock F-150 headlights?
Stock F-150 headlights are rated at 1200 lumens, which is equivalent to having a halogen headlight in a regular car. They can provide enough light to drive without causing eye strain, but may cause glare on other vehicles and pedestrians, especially when the sun is directly in front of you.
What headlight bulbs does a 2019 f150 take?
The headlight bulbs for the new 2019 Ford F150 pickup truck are not compatible with older versions of the trucks. They have been replaced with new LED bulbs, which are brighter and more efficient.
You can still use your old bulbs for a while, but it’s best to upgrade to the new LED bulbs. You can also use any standard bulb, but it might have issues with the newer vehicles.
What are the headlight bulbs in a 2017 Ford f150?
These headlight bulbs are H7 halogen bulbs. Halogen bulbs are energy efficient, but they are not as bright as LED bulbs. You should check out the headlight specs of your 2017 Ford F-150 to know more about these headlight bulbs.
Are LED headlights legal?
LED headlights are legal, as long as you comply with the relevant regulations. Generally, a headlight must emit a beam pattern that allows you to see other vehicles and pedestrians from a safe distance. So, if your headlights are too bright, then you can expect to receive a citation for improper lighting.
To know more about you should check our articles on.
Still not sure about which option to get for your F150? If you want to spend a minimum amount and get quality headlights that will last longer than average OEM options, go for the Brock 4 piece headlights. These may not look very stylish, but they do the job for 97-03 F150 models.
On the other hand, if you can spend much and would like to pick a pair of stylish and good-looking headlights for your F150, we would highly recommend AlphaRex by ModifyStreet.