How to Choose Halo Headlights for Jeep Wrangler?
When it comes to Jeep Wrangler headlights, I always preferred the halo-styled ones for their attractive looks. My Jeep already came with pretty bright and high-quality stock headlights.
However, they were nowhere near suitable for dark countryside roads, let alone off-roading. So, I had to look for a new set of headlights with a halo design to facelift my Wrangler and improve my safety. I looked for some top-tier 7” halo headlights suited for my vehicle.
You can find a list of the best halo headlights for Jeep Wrangler that I found the best among many options on the market. As an enthusiast of these items, I tested them personally. So, what standards did I use to find them? Find that out in my buying guide below.
How to Find the Halo Headlights for Jeep Wrangler?
Table of Contents
- How to Find the Halo Headlights for Jeep Wrangler?
- My Selection of Jeep Wrangler Halo Headlights
- 1. GXENOGO Halo Headlights with Turn Signal
- 2. Xprite 7" Inch LED Halo Headlights
- 3. LX-LIGHT DOT Approved 7 Inch LED Headlights
- 4. SUNPIE 7 Inch LED Headlights
- 5. Torchbeam 7 Inch LED Headlights
- 6. Aukmak 7 Inch LED Headlights
- 7. SUPAREE LED Headlights
- 8. DVISUV 7 INCH LED Halo Headlights
- 9. BUNKER INDUST 9 Inch LED Headlights with Halo DRL
- 10. KIWI MASTER 9 Inch Round LED Headlight
- Frequently Asked Questions
While I found an array of highly potential halo headlights for Jeep Wrangler on the market, it was easy to filter several of them out. Continuing the process, I could find the best ones. I only had to check some factors and make sure they were present in the items. For example, I needed a certain amount of brightness or heat resistance of the bodies.
Well, I still had the advantage of trying them in person. If you want to get the best one from many options, consider following the points below.
Brightness and Color
I try to get headlights with high brightness. Since these are LED headlamps, you can go for 8,000LM or higher from the high beam. Sometimes, I read the customer reviews to check if the product description about the brightness is accurate.
For the color, I suggest 6,000K. It provides a pure white (Also known as the Xenon White) light. In fact, only white and amber/yellow colors are legal for on-road. I avoid blue lights for their reflective nature as well. Yellow lights are more suited for fog lights than headlights.
I look for quality halo rings in my halo headlights that provide high brightness. There must be some top-quality LED chips. This part is hard to check as you cannot confirm the promise of the manufacturers unless you try it in person.
I suggest headlights with aluminum housing, fast heat sinks, and a least weatherproof IP67. Its lenses should have PMMA or PC materials for higher durability.
I don’t take headlights for my Jeep Wrangler that doesn’t focus downward. It is illegal to blind someone on the road. Ones that come with adjustable beam focus can help. But if the beam pattern is already perfect, I don’t really need it. The light must also reach very far while letting me see the side lanes a bit to react to any animal approaching.
If the headlights have a plug-and-play system, their installation will be easy. However, not all halo headlights for Jeep Wrangler are actually plug-and-play even though the manufacturers promise it. Some don’t fit in the housing properly, while others are hard to plug-in. In this scenario, my best bet is to check the customer reviews.
I also want a simple wiring system. A detailed installation manual can be a great help for my readers without enough experience on the matter.
Things to Avoid When Buying a Halo Headlight Set for Jeep Wrangler
Below are some factors that I definitely avoid when buying a new pair of LED halo headlights for my Jeep Wrangler.
- I don’t trust the product description blindly. The way they often exaggerate their products seems annoying to me.
- When I frequent dark roads, I avoid halo headlights with low brightness.
- I avoid the price at first and look at the quality. Once it meets my condition, then I check the cost.
- For color-changing halo lights, I avoid ones that don’t have a white option. It is illegal and may hinder your visibility on dark roads.
My Selection of Jeep Wrangler Halo Headlights
1. GXENOGO Halo Headlights with Turn Signal
Compatible with 2007-2017 Jeep Wrangler JK JKU Headlamp Replacement
- The low and high beam output was 3,000LM with 30W and 4,800LM with 45W.
- The light bar was so efficient, thanks to their CREE chips.
- Because of their breathers, I could remove the trapped moistures with ease.
- Their installation process was just too easy for me. It should be the same for you too.
- Condensations can build up quicker than they should. Fortunately, I could remove it.
I am starting my list with a halo headlight that looked the part when installed in my Jeep Wrangler JK 2007-2017. It came in black housing in a well-cared package. After looking at the housing, I could see the DOT and SAE stamps, which is a sign of reliability.
I had to test them in the heavy rain upon knowing their IP67 waterproof level. To my surprise, a bit of condensation formed. But thanks to the breathers at the rear, it wasn’t hard to get rid of them. Their heat sinks can directly remove any excess heat generated. It guarantees a long-lasting lifespan of them.
GXENOGO used CREE chips on the headlights. They are so efficient, which I liked a lot. Their polycarbonate lenses were shatter-proof (Yes, I tested them). They did not flicker or interfere with the radio.
Aside from the high and low beam and DRL, the headlights had amber turn signals. I didn’t need to modify them a bit when installing them since it is tailored-made for my Jeep. You can simply follow the instructions on their product descriptions.
2. Xprite 7" Inch LED Halo Headlights
Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK TJ LJ 1997 - 2018(DOT Approved)
- The headlights gave a crisp light output of high brightness and Xenon White color.
- Their moisture breathers and heat sinks worked so effectively.
- Xprite gave me two adapters for H4-H13 conversion.
- You can choose from other variations with different halo ring colors.
- The installation instruction is poorly written and might not help people with less experience.
- I have seen that some people received defective items.
I previously used and tested Xprite headlights and know the qualities they serve. The Xprite 7” LED Halo Headlights provide an efficient operation with its CREE LED chips and give near 9500 lumens. I could use it for both high and low beams, and they had LED powers of 90W.
The headlights look attractive with a unique halo design on Jeep Wrangler JK LJ and TJ from 1997 to 2018. So, my Jeep accepted them too. They had DOT approval and were safe on the road. Other than low and high, the bulbs had DRL and turn signals. I could see a far distance ahead of my vehicle with them with a 6,000K color temperature. I like the Xenon White color a lot.
After looking at the rear, I found some breathing valves and a diecast aluminum-made heat sink. Both work so well in their job, keeping the headlights cool and dry. Back to the front, the lenses could resist impact and scratches.
The headlights had a waterproof level of IP67, which went pretty well in my tests. Moisture still formed, though. But it was easily removable like the previous product on our list.
I found two H4 to H13 adapters and wirings for DRL and turn signals in the package. These were a great help in the installation process, which was already pretty easy.
3. LX-LIGHT DOT Approved 7 Inch LED Headlights
Fit for Jeep Wrangler 97-2017 JK LJ Tj
- The headlights come with additional fog light pair.
- I found the installation easy.
- The high and low beams were bright and reached long range.
- The installation manual was so bad. I suggest looking it up on YouTube.
The 7-Inch LED Headlights from LX-Light also came with a pair of 4” LED fog lights in the package. Both pairs had halo rings that I could use as amber turn signals, and it was a fine experience to use them. The headlights are compatible with Jeep Wrangler 97-2017 JK, TJ, and LJ.
These lights also had four modes to them like the previous. I received two H4 to H13 conversion adapters as well. When testing on the road, I found the beam reached far enough even on the low beam. But the high beam kind of had dark ranges.
These items had the same IP67 waterproof level as the previous item. I could use them in the rainy, snowy, or dusty weather without damaging them. It is the same for the fog lights. I could remove the condensation from the inside. I removed the breathers and kept the light on for around an hour.
I got around 4,500LM on the high beam and 3,000LM on the low. The fog light gave me a 1,600LM illumination.
4. SUNPIE 7 Inch LED Headlights
IP67 Waterproof LED Headlights for J eep Wrangler 2007-2018 JK/JKU Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 2004-2006 LJ, 1997-2006 TJ, 1976-1986 CJ-7, 1981-1985 CJ-8
- The headlights come CANbus-ready to remove the chance of flickering.
- They have a proper waterproof IP67.
- The light output that I got was so impressive. It stayed focused on the road.
- You may need professional help when installing them. I didn’t, though. It just needs a bit of modification for the DRL.
The LED Headlights from the SUNPIE brand are available for many different Jeep Wrangler models, including JK JKU 2007-18 LJ 2004-06, TJ 97-06, etc. I took it for its unique pattern of lights and how it looks when different models are on.
This sealed headlight contains an IP level of 67 that can tackle rainwater. I didn’t notice any condensation or moisture after testing it. Also, I am happy that it doesn’t get damaged from shocks or rust.
I got nearly 4,800 lumens from the high beam and 3,600 from the low. They run on 12 and 24V DC. Their amber-colored turn signals are easy to spot even in the mist. I liked their efficient operations, thanks to the CREE LEDs.
My vehicle sent a highly focused beam with these headlights. The overall light output was so much better compared to my stock halogen. Their built-in CANbus saved me from annoying flickers. It also saved some extra space as I didn’t need to get additional decoders.
5. Torchbeam 7 Inch LED Headlights
Compatible with Wrangler JK TJ CJ Hummber H1 H2, H6024 Amber Halo Turn Signal White DRL Sealed Beam Headlamps 2Pcs with H4-H13 Adapter
- The headlights gave me a bright light that focused properly without glaring.
- It was pretty easy (for me, at least) to remove any trapped moisture from the inside.
- The housing of the headlights was sealed, and I found them sturdy enough for long-lasting usage.
- The adapter plugs didn’t quite fit the stock headlight plugs. So, I needed to cut the positioning tabs a little.
Following my list, the Torchbeam LED Headlights caught my attention at first for their uniquely beautiful look. It is especially when the turn signals are on. Then I checked the specs, and they were top-tier as well. So, I tried it out.
At a glance, this Jeep Wrangler JK, TJ, and CJ headlight set has white DRL, amber halo turn signals, and amazingly low and high beam patterns. Because of their downward aims, I didn’t have to worry about dazzling anyone on the road.
Honestly, Torchbeam indirectly said that water and fog build up inside. But to solve that, they added military breathers. I needed to open the vent caps, leave them for 15-30 minutes, and close them. It was so easy of a process. The only hassling part was that I had to uninstall them to remove the fog.
Anyway, the headlights have an ingress protection of 67. But I don’t suggest taking them in the rain, if possible, to avoid the need for moisture removal.
The components of the lights follow OE standards, and they seemed so durable to me. It wasn’t an issue to install them with their plug-and-play system and H4-H13 adapters.
6. Aukmak 7 Inch LED Headlights
Fit for Jeep Wrangler JK LJ CJ Sahara Sport Rubicon Headlamp 1997 ~ 2017
- The headlights have color-changing modes, music, flashing, timing, blinking, and brightness adjustment options.
- I got a high brightness from the lights that reached pretty far. It surprised me, honestly.
- Aside from their IP68 waterproof level, they also have rubber sealing. There were also breathable stickers.
- The app is a bit slow.
- The color on my smartphone isn’t exactly similar to the color I get from the headlights.
After coming across headlights like Aukmak LED, I cannot ignore color-changing lights anymore. I mean, if you have a look at it with a different colored DRL, you will surely like it. They are compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK, CJ, LJ, etc., from 97-17.
First of all, it was so easy for me to control their colors using my smartphone. They changed colors almost instantly, like how they lit up immediately. But there was also a remote to control them, with Bluetooth connections.
I found a durable LED tube on the halo, and there was a clear cover around it. Inside, there are 30-pieces of halo LED chips and 6-pieces of lenses. Aukmak used projector lenses to shoot the beam with a downward aim.
Inside the headlights, there are 16-pieces of CREE LEDs, ensuring an efficient run. I liked how they made the board highly heat resistant to tackle any overheating issue. It is even after the top-tier heat sink of the headlights. Finally, the housing had an aluminum body for additional heat resistance.
The color-changing app let me use music mode, timing and flashing systems, brightness-changing options, and even a blinking function. But they also added the white color in order to stay legal on-road.
Contradictory to what my initial thought was, the lights were really bright. I got around 7,000LM on the low beam and 9,500LM on the high. They also had a high IP of 68, which is impressive.
7. SUPAREE LED Headlights
Fit for Jeep Wrangler JKU JK LJ CJ TJ Sahara Sport Rubicon Headlamp 1997~2018
- The headlights let me change the halo colors using my smartphone.
- It had musical and timing features on the app.
- The light pattern I got was wide and far without glaring.
- The headlights seem to have a durable construction.
- You may need to remove the moisture occasionally as it can easily form inside.
- The DRL is not that long-lasting, as suggested by many previous customers.
Next up, I added the set of headlights from the SUPAREE brand. Why so, you may ask? Because of its color-changing halo lights. I shall be honest that I am personally not a fan of colored lights. But I still tested it for my dear readers who may like it.
I could change the colors of the halos in the headlights using my smartphone among different RGB. I also received an RF remote to control it. It worked okay, I should say. But the smartphone app was a bit slow and often needed a couple of taps to work. So, I suggest not trying to change the color in the middle of driving.
So, is that all the headlights have to offer? Not really. The outstanding performance of its beam pattern surprised me. It was low focusing and reached a long distance.
SUPAREE used PMMA lenses and ABS lamp cups for a long-lasting service. They added aluminum housing for higher heat conductivity. But how long will they actually last? Only time can tell that. Anyway, I got a beam angle of 30° pencil and a 60° flood.
Note that I also found a musical syncing feature in the app. It makes the light sync to the audio I am playing. It also had voice response and timing functions.
The output I was getting from them is 40W and 3,500LM on the high beam and 30W and 2,400LM on the low. I received an H4-H13 connector in the package.
8. DVISUV 7 INCH LED Halo Headlights
Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK TJ LJ Motorcycle
- The lights had really durable constructions with sealed parts.
- They have an IP68 waterproof level, which seems to work effectively.
- The headlights fit Jeep Wrangler JK 2-door and JK Unlimited 4-door 07-17 so well.
- The beam patterns are not so ideal. I needed to adjust them a bit. Even then, the result wasn’t what I wanted.
The 7” Halo LED Headlights from DVISUV offered me a really classic design that most similar items use. But its performance earned it a place on my list. The headlights have white DRL that I could change to yellow turn signals. It shone so brightly as I could see it in the middle of heavy fog.
DVISUV excelled at the building of the headlights. I found DOT marks on the housing underneath the hard PC lens covers. Beneath, there are lenses with a projector design, giving me a more downward aim on the road.
Their integrated chips safeguard the chips that DVISUV imported. I cannot totally guarantee the credibility of these chips, but they worked well for me. The light was dense and crisp.
The headlights have decent waterproofing. It didn’t succumb to water particles as I tested. But condensations still formed inside. Well, the heat dissipation managed to evaporate the moisture inside.
The wiring process was really simple, and I don’t think anything there will be confusing for others. I connected the plug-and-play plug to get a stable setup. I also received two H4-H13 adapters inside.
9. BUNKER INDUST 9 Inch LED Headlights with Halo DRL
Fit for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2022 Jeep Gladiator JT Accessories
- The headlights were bright and made a major improvement over the stock halogen.
- I could adjust the beam focus in the newest version using adjustable screws.
- The installation process was a breeze because of the plug-and-play and simple wiring.
- I wouldn’t personally have any complaints except for the lack of turn signals and the high price. But some people received defective products in their packages, and I had to mention it.
Here is a set of 9’ headlights that I couldn’t gloss over, seeing their peak level specs. So, I had to try them. Since I don’t have any Jeep Wrangler JL 18-21 or JT Gladiator 19-21, I had to take a friend’s help to test it. And the outcome was fascinating.
The pair has a common design that can turn some heads when lit. It is so, especially for the bright and white DRLs. Compared to the original halogen headlights, these two are like a pleasing upgrade. They gave me high lumens and aimed low. I could also adjust the beam angle using the adjustable screws. It was an upgrade in their newest version as their old one didn’t have it.
Anyway, the heat sinks at the rear had a usual design that worked properly to keep the headlights cool. The installation process didn’t take much time for me. I used the plug-and-play system to insert them directly. The red wires were for the DRL. However, there wasn’t any turn signal mode. I got extra wires in the package, in case I needed them.
These headlights can survive nearly -40° F. At least my testing confirms that. They can withstand rain for a long time using their IP68 level.
10. KIWI MASTER 9 Inch Round LED Headlight
Fit for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2022 Jeep Gladiator JT
- I got an impressively high brightness from them.
- The headlights had three models for me to choose from.
- I could install and wire them with ease.
- The headlights look so attractive.
- The lights output from the headlights scatter around instead of concentrating properly. Although, they do not glare.
I have another 9” LED headlight set from the KIWI MASTER brand. While I don’t have the models, you can take them for your Jeep Wrangler JL 18-22. The items had DRL halos with epic designs.
One of the main reasons behind adding the item to my list is its different model variations. I could select from three designs, and I chose the first. It doesn’t have a round halo but a different shape that you can see in the picture. The other two are almost identical to most usual halo headlight designs.
I didn’t find any turn signal modes in the headlights. But their high and low beam brightnesses were so high in comparison to the stock halogen ones. I got around 10,000LM from the high beam and 5,000LM from the low beam. The latest versions of these headlights have adjustable screws.
Anyway, the headlights have an IP68 weatherproof level and fast cooling functions. It survived far below the freezing temperature and heavy rain.
I almost had a similar installing experience with these as the previous headlights on this list. It had plug-and-play, and the red wire was for the DRL.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Difference Between Halo and LED Headlights?
Halo headlights aren’t actually a headlamp type. They are just headlights with halos. For example, most halo headlights you find on the market are LEDs.
Do Halo Lights Replace Headlights?
Well, halo headlights are okay to replace the original headlights of your vehicle. But it must have on-road legality and provide enough brightness. If it is a color-changing halo, make sure it has a white color option.
What Colors on Halo Headlights Are Legal?
If you want to use your halo headlights on the street like me, it needs to have white and amber color options. These two colors are on-road legal. Any other color is only suitable for off-roading.
I shall be honest- it wasn’t that hard for me to make my list above, as most halo headlights for Jeep Wranglers were easy to filter out. But it was only possible since I knew what to look for and what to avoid. I advise you to recheck my buying guide if you haven’t grasped everything properly.
I needed ample lighting from my vehicle, and I could achieve that by using the headlights on my list. I hope that you can find yours too without having to spend so much time. One tip I can give you is to make a priority list and filter out ones that don’t match the top criteria in it. You can use my buying guide points as a priority list as well.