How to Choose Akkon Headlights In 2022
There is an array of brands that releases quality headlights on the market. However, some of them are way more famous than the rest. Akkon is one such brand that won the mind of the professionals with its outstanding products.
Akkon headlights are always the perfect fit for their designated vehicle models. They are heavily durable, provide aimed beams, and display a luxurious look.
We have made a list of ten of the best headlights from Akkon. If you own any compatible vehicles for any of these headlights, we highly recommend buying them.
Don’t forget to check our buying guide to find what to look for when purchasing an Akkon headlight housing unit.
Akkon Headlights Review
Table of Contents
- Akkon Headlights Review
- 1. AKKON - For 04-08 Ford F150 Lincoln Mark LT OE
- 2. AKKON - For 2009-2018 Dodge Ram
- 3. AKKON - [Full LED] For 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma
- 4. AKKON - For Ford F250/F350 Superduty Excursion
- 5. AKKON - LED - For 14-18 GMC Sierra Full LED High/Low Beam
- 6. AKKON - For Lexus IS250 IS350 2IS Black Bazel Smoked Lens
- 7. AKKON - For Toyota Sienna Halogen Type Chrome Headlights
- 8. AKKON - Fits 2009 to 2014 Nissan Maxima LED DRL Light Tube Projector Headlights
- 9. AKKON - For 2016-2019 Chevy Silverado
- 10. AKKON - For 2013-2015 Subaru Impreza/Crosstrek XV LED Light
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Note
1. AKKON - For 04-08 Ford F150 Lincoln Mark LT OE
Fits 2004-2008 Ford F150 Models / 2006-2008 Lincoln Mark LT Models ***Attention: Not Compatible For 2004 F-150 Heritage Model
- All of the colors available for these headlights look stunning.
- It provides a durable and long-lasting impression.
- The headlights don’t include any installation guide in the package. While it is a direct bolt-on replacement, Akkon still recommends expert help.
If you are a proud owner of a Ford F150, check out the AKKON Headlights for this particular model. Aside from black housing, this item is available with chrome, smoked, and black-chromed housing. It comes with a pair of housings that fits the models perfectly without any trimming needed.
You can install the headlights on your Ford F150 from 2004 to 2008 or Lincoln Mark LT from 2006 to 2008. However, it isn’t installable on F150 2004 heritage as it has a different housing design. But on the compatible models, you can directly install them without any necessity for wiring.
We should mention that these AKKON headlights actually don’t come with bulbs. However, some lighting manufacturers may include the bulbs in the package. These headlights allow H13 bulbs with dual-beam patterns.
2. AKKON - For 2009-2018 Dodge Ram
For 09-18 Ram 1500, 10-18 Ram 2500/3500, 19-21 Ram 1500 Classic Model
- The headlights provide a focused beam that allows you to see a high distance ahead of you.
- It features chrome housing with a totally clear lens for higher lumen.
- Its projector has durable built.
- Even after installing on compatible models, they often wiggle on bumpy roads.
Our following product is for one of the most popular vehicle models out there- the Dodge Ram. With chrome housing, this headlight pair fits any Dodge Ram 1500 from 2009 to 2018 and 2500 and 3500 from 2010 to 2018. LED DRL and switchback turn signals are always a pleasing sight to watch. As a dual-beam headlight housing, you will get a focused beam.
Keep in mind that you cannot install them on any vehicle that requires projector housing. They are only compatible with dual or quad beam housing. However, the headlights come with a projector design to provide a controlled light pattern and focus. You will see pretty far from your vehicle with ease.
It has LED halos that can provide bright and stunning light beams. Akkon used good-quality materials to craft them. You can literally install them on your Dodge Ram models without any wiring or modifications. According to the manufacturers, you can install them on Ram 1500 classic from 19-21 as well.
3. AKKON - [Full LED] For 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma
Fits 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma Limited / TRD Models [Does Not Fit SR / SR5 Models]
- The LED low and high beams provide increased brightness while looking mind-blowing.
- The amber reflectors are so reflective and make it safer for you.
- You get a proper downward focus of the beam.
- The installation on this one can be pretty hard for many to do it themselves.
Next up, we have the AKKON headlights designed for Toyota Tacoma TRD models from 2016 to 2021. This pair has an outstanding design and light patterns that should attract and wonder anyone. Either go with the black housing or select the chrome one.
This Akkon headlight is full LED, meaning that the sequential lights, DRL, and headlights all accept LED bulbs. As it is totally according to the standards by DOT and SAE, you won’t find yourself in any legality issues with it. They have a projector design, making downward visibility and not blinding oncoming traffic.
Meanwhile, the lenses have crafting of polycarbonate, which is the same as Aerospace technology. As a result, they are heavily UV resistant and won’t yellow up. The LED DRL offers superior visibility in stormy or sunny weather.
While our previous two Akkon models were direct bolt-on fit, this one may require some wiring modifications. However, that only includes the LED and Halo connections. If you are mounting it with a mechanic’s help, you needn’t worry about this.
There is no installation guide included. So, unless you are experienced with this, we suggest taking expert service anyway. We should note that these headlights only fit the Toyota Tacoma TRD and Limited models, not any SR or SR5 ones.
4. AKKON - For Ford F250/F350 Superduty Excursion
Fits 99-04 Ford F250/F350 Superduty, 00-04 Ford Excursion All Models
- It is an affordable yet quality product. It is almost four times cheaper than some previous products. Although, they provide the bang for the buck.
- There are four options for housing colors.
- The lenses have excellent builds.
- The housing is not that durable and may not last that long.
As many people own the Ford F250 and F350, we think these Akkon headlights require a mention. Whether you want a housing with black, chrome, smoke, or black smoke, the brand got the ideal item for you.
You can equip these with your Ford F250/350 Superduty from 1999 to 2004 and all Ford Excursion models from 2000 to 2004. Note that if you order a smoked housing unit, it will be dimmer than the chrome ones. Apparently, you won’t get any bulb with the housing.
With a superior and practical design, this pair of headlights accepts 9004 and 9007 bulbs. With both driver and passenger side housings, you can install them directly without changing any wiring. However, you won’t find any installation guide in the package.
5. AKKON - LED - For 14-18 GMC Sierra Full LED High/Low Beam
Fit 2014-2015 GMC Sierra 1500 / 2015-2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD/3500HD
- The headlight uses LED lights for a brighter output and long-lasting performance.
- The lenses are pretty durable with polycarbonate material. They can tackle UV rays effectively.
- The headlights illuminate quicker than halogen ones.
- Some people may experience slight flickering issues with them at night.
We move on to our next item, the Akkon headlight for GMC Sierra 2014 to 2018. If you look at the headlight designs, you will be surprised by how fascinating it looks. Its DRL goes all around it, which can provide ultra-bright light both on sunny or rainy days.
Sequential turn signals are something that most people look for while searching for top-quality headlights. That’s why Akkon adds this feature to most of their items. Both black and chrome housing have the same design but different coloring.
You can install these headlights on GMC Sierra 1500 from 2014 to 2015 and GMC Sierra 2500HD/3500HD from 2015 to 2018. On these models, the headlight will install with ease as if they are literally the stock ones.
In the package, you will find a conversion harness adapter to help you connect a new pair of bulbs in the housing. Its amber reflectors can reflect the light beams with total focus.
You can stay safe on the road with this item, as it is totally SAE and DOT compliance. We suggest installing a high-quality LED bulb to go with this headlight housing unit.
Before purchasing it, we should mention that the headlights aren’t for GMC Sierra 2015 old body style models or models with LED DRL housing.
6. AKKON - For Lexus IS250 IS350 2IS Black Bazel Smoked Lens
Sealed beam type for any truck or car, 100% Plug N play Design, made with Osram LED Chips and Upgrade polycarbonate lenses.
- They follow DOT and SAE standards.
- The projector has a stable construction to last a long time.
- As a projector headlight, you won’t blind anyone while driving at night.
- Moistures build up easily inside the housing unit. It needs cleaning more occasionally than usual.
The Akkon headlights for Lexus IS250, IS350, and 2IS 2006 to 2013 are a mid-range budget option for the owner of the specific models. You may want to take them home for their practical qualities and exquisite looks. As black housings, they will look great on any vehicle paint.
Akkon designed the headlights in a trendy style. It includes LED DRL strips with high lumen and top-grade materials. These LED lights take their power from SMD LED chips, making it possible to achieve brighter output than the traditional headlights.
Meanwhile, its LED resistor ensures that the bulbs do not drain more energy than needed to guarantee a prolonged lifespan.
As DOT and SAE compliance, you can drive your vehicle safely on the road. Note that you may need to modify the wiring on your Lexus while installing them if it contains Halo or LED connections. Because of the absence of an installation guide, professional installation is the go-to option.
Another thing to remember is that these headlights will fit models with factory halogen headlights. Any headlight with an auto-leveling function doesn’t work with them either.
7. AKKON - For Toyota Sienna Halogen Type Chrome Headlights
Direct Bolt On Replacement For Your Original Headlights, No Wiring or Any Other Modification Needed
- As chrome housing, they provide a better light output than smoked ones.
- They fit perfectly on the designated models.
- The headlight housing can last a long time with durable construction.
- You may notice moistures or water droplets inside the housing, even though it is a sealed headlight.
This Akkon product is released for Toyota Sienna 2006 to 2010 models. However, they are only replacements for the halogen-type stock headlights. These chrome-colored headlight comes in pair and looks gorgeous on your vehicle.
Like most other Akkon headlights, these ones have never been installed on any vehicle before. We tested them on the designated models, and they fit perfectly. We didn’t even need to change anything in the wiring. You may still want to take professional help, though.
Both DOT and SAE approve of this headlight pair as safe on the road. If you want to get this item, you will require a 9006 bulb for the low beam and 9005 for the high beam.
The parts of these headlights have durable materials. With the crystal-clear lens, you can have a light beam with long-distance visibility. If you have a vehicle with stock HID headlights, then we don’t recommend this item.
8. AKKON - Fits 2009 to 2014 Nissan Maxima LED DRL Light Tube Projector Headlights
No Installation Guide or Instruction Included Professional Installation is Highly Recommended
- Its unique LED tube design provides solid, even light output even after coming from a series of LED lights.
- Its LED chips work great in sustaining energy.
- The projector focuses the light in a more downward direction instead of spreading it.
- While the lights focus downward more, it doesn’t cover a long distance ahead.
Your Nissan Maxima from 2009 to 2014 will look so stunning and attractive as you install the Akkon headlights on it. Available with both black and chrome housing, this item has a unique light tube projector and DRL pattern that provides the ultimate brightness that anyone desire.
Its amber lights are in a practical position for better performance. Meanwhile, the headlamps are projected downward for legality factors and better road visibility. You will require an H7 bulb for the low beam and an H1 for the high beam to use with this product.
You can install them directly on your Nissan Maxima 09-14. There are DOT and SAE stamps on the housings to save you from legality issues and ensure your safety. Its OEM-quality parts provide long-lasting performance.
Their lenses work like a magnifying glass to improve the brightness further. Akkon utilizes their advanced LED chips not to let any energy get wasted. It is unlike halogen or incandescent bulbs.
We must mention that these headlights are not compatible with vehicle models with 2-door coupe or stock HID bulbs.
9. AKKON - For 2016-2019 Chevy Silverado
Fits 2016-2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 [Fit Models with Factory HID Headlights Only] [For 2019 model, only fit old body type LD model]
- It comes with dual-LED DRL for both sides.
- The high and low beams are far superior to the stock headlights for Chevy Silverado 1500.
- It looks extremely good when installed. You can choose from chrome and black housing.
- The price can be a bit high for many.
Akkon released a high-end headlight for people with a Chevy Silverado 1500 from 2016 to 2019. With a glance, both the chrome housing and the black housing will tell you of their lavish display and superior build. It is a total LED headlight with low and high beams.
This headlight comes in a pair like the previous items for the driver and passenger sides. The average and stock headlights cannot manage to give a bright enough output. Akkon’s trendy design has such light patterns with high-lumen to achieve that. You can find the DOT and SAE stamps on their body.
Akkon tried to create this headlight to have efficient performance. It means that they will provide a higher lumen and downward-projected output while spending no energy than needed.
Do note that these headlights are only for models with factory HID headlamps. It is only compatible with the old-body type LD ones for Chevy Silverado 1500 from 2019.
10. AKKON - For 2013-2015 Subaru Impreza/Crosstrek XV LED Light
Fits 2012-2015 Subaru Impreza 2013-2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
- Akkon used the innovative LED tube design on these headlights to maintain a better light.
- They use peak-grade halogen bulbs for the headlights.
- As always, you can even take them just for their beautiful looks.
- As some people complained, the LED DRL often doesn’t work without the low beam lights on.
Whether you search for a quality headlight or a budget option for your Subaru Impreza or Crosstrek XV, Akkon has the perfect item for you. This headlight fits those designated models with ease. You may need to modify the wiring a bit, though. They are available in three colors- black, chrome, and black smoke.
This headlight features outstanding LED light tubes. It is a technology where many LED lights are positioned sequentially. They have a solid tube cover. The light output looks similar to that of tube lights. Not only that but there is a LED SMD chip to prevent any energy-wasting.
Meanwhile, the lenses Akkon used on this headlight, and most of the previous ones, have a design that works as a magnifying glass. It projects the spread light to a focused beam so that you get better visibility without blinding traffics.
Apparently, you can install them on your Subaru Impreza from 2012-2016 and Subaru Crosstrek from 2013-214.
Replacing the stock vehicle headlights or any old ones with a new pair is always something that excites us all. However, you can’t deny that not all have what it takes.
That is true for even the popular brand Akkon. There are a number of factors that you cannot gloss over when making a purchase on an Akkon headlight. Below, we explained them one by one.
What You Don’t Need to Check
There are some factors that are common in all Akkon headlights. You don’t need to check these factors when buying one.
Although you would when getting headlights from other brands. All Akkon headlights have high-quality LED and LED chip efficiency. Each of them that we checked had DOT and SAE stamps.
Not to mention, their headlights never come with an installation guide, even though they are bolt-on replacements.
Things You Need to Check
Below are the points you must check when buying one of their headlights.
Akkon headlights come for specific models from specific years. When reading reviews, we often come across complaints where people bought headlights not designated for their vehicles.
You should double-check the compatible vehicle list before making a purchase to avoid these kinds of situations. You can also inform them about your vehicle model to get an ideal suggestion.
You can find vivid colors on Akkon headlight housings. There is black, chrome, smoke, black smoke, or chrome smoke. Note that the smoked housing units are dimmer than the others and unsuitable for on-road use.
They are usually for showroom displays. Meanwhile, the black housings are comparatively more expensive most of the time. Overall, make sure that you will like the look of your vehicle before going for that particular housing color.
Whether It Needs Wiring Modifications
Some Akkon headlights require wiring modifications when installing them on your vehicle. If you want a direct bolt-on replacement, this can be an issue. Since there is no installation guide, you can avoid them or contact a mechanic to install the headlights.
Ratings and Reviews
It is true that quality is not equal to popularity. But many reviewers explain the headlights in detail, sometimes even better than the manufacturers themselves.
We suggest you go through the reviews and ratings to be aware of any potential problems beforehand. Although, if a headlight doesn’t have any review, that doesn’t necessarily mean it is bad. It’s just not popular enough yet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Akkon?
Akkon is a brand that specializes in crafting products related to automotive lighting. It can be headlights, taillights, brake lights, towing mirrors, etc. They feature some unique qualities, and all their products so far follow DOT and SAE standards.
Are Projector Headlights Better?
There is a lot of debate over whether projector headlights are better than traditional headlights. Some people swear by the enhanced visibility and brightness that projector headlights offer, while others find that the light output is insufficient and can actually be more dangerous because it’s harder to see.
Ultimately, the answer to this question depends on personal preference. Some people prefer the look of projector headlights, while others find them too bulky or complicated.
It’s also important to consider your specific driving needs and what type of terrain you usually drive on – if you live in an area with a lot of poorly-lit roads, for example, then projector headlights may be a good option for you.
How Long Do Projector Headlights Last?
Projector headlights offer a long-lasting service of around 1,500 to 2,000 hours. However, top brands like Akkon may release projector housing that lasts for about 5,000h. Since these headlights use Xenon bulbs, you may need to replace the bulb a couple of times for one housing.
While Akkon is a top-notch brand, that does not automatically mean that all their products are the best. You need to do your thorough research to make sure that it is the ideal item. We don’t advise you to stick with one brand either.
However, contradictory to that, most Akkon products are highly top-classed. So, if you want to get a quality headlight for your vehicle model, you should check their brand first. If any of the products on our list catches your eyes, you can get them without worry. All of them are reliable enough.