How to Choose 9145 Fog Light Bulbs?
Fog lights are important for your cars and pick-up trucks no matter if you own an F-150 or a Toyota model.
Good fog bulbs increase the visibility on regular nights and keep you safe during snowy and foggy weather. However, which pair should you go for?
Our experts reviewed a range of LED and halogen bulbs from over 40 brands. They were able to determine which ones are the better options based on price, brightness, durability, and installation.
We included yellow, white, and blue LED and halogen options down below. Just read through and pick your best 9145 fog light bulbs:
Best LED 9145 Fog Light Bulbs
Table of Contents
- Best LED 9145 Fog Light Bulbs
- 1. SEALIGHT 6000K Xenon White LED Fog Light Bulbs
- 2. BEAMTECH H10 Led Fog Light Bulb,9145 9140 CSP Chips
- 3. Alla Lighting 9145 LED Fog Light Bulb
- 4. AUXITO 9145/9140/H10 LED Fog Light Bulbs
- 5. SEALIGHT 3000K Yellow 9140 9145 9040 9045 LED Fog Light DRL Bulbs
- 6. Alla Lighting 9145 H10 LED Fog Light Bulbs
- 7. AUXITO 9145 LED Fog Light Bulbs, 6000LM 6500K Cool White Light
- 8. SEALIGHT 9145/9140/H10 LED Fog Lights Bulbs
- 9. AUXITO H10 9145 LED Fog Light Bulbs
- Best Halogen 9145 Fog Light Bulbs
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Color Bulbs are the Best for Fog Lights?
- Is 9145 and H10 the Same Bulb?
- What bulb can replace a 9145?
- Are halogen lights good in the fog?
- Can you replace halogen fog lights with LED?
- Is halogen or LED better for fog lights?
- Can I use headlight bulbs for fog lights?
- Are LED lights better for fog?
- Can I put LED bulbs in halogen fittings?
- Are 9140 and 9145 bulbs the same?
- Do LED fog lights need a conversion kit?
- How do you fit LED fog lights?
- Final Note
1. SEALIGHT 6000K Xenon White LED Fog Light Bulbs
Compatible with 9145/9140/H10/9045/9040/PY20D as fog lights or DRL, matching 98% of vehicles
- Great replacement for Ford F-150 as it matches the white color scheme of the entire headlight assembly and performs better than factory ones.
- Took us only around 5 minutes to install them!
- The beams emitted are horizontally narrow so you may have to deal with lower fog visibility at the right side of the road.
Sealight fog bulbs are the best LED option if you want to go for better looks along with increasing visibility during foggy or snowy weather. The bulbs come in a pack of two and it took us less than 5 minutes to get them installed. Along with the plug-and-play installation, they also feature 360 degrees of lighting and 27 SMD chips that help with visibility during rain, fog, and snow.
We find this pair to be the perfect option if you own a Ford F-150. The OEM fog lights of the model are yellowish and halogen. While they may give a proper fog vision, they ruin the slick look of the vehicle. Installing these will mean all of the bulbs are providing white light.
2. BEAMTECH H10 Led Fog Light Bulb,9145 9140 CSP Chips
Compatible fitment size and Non-polarity design,Easy installation,just Plug & Play
- Provides a flat and broad beam, ensuring you see everything in front and the side of the road on foggy or snowy nights.
- Looks good if your primary headlights are LEDs and provide white light.
- The installation is easy for most vehicles but takes more time than the Sealight fog bulbs. Moreover, may need modification on the plastic locking tabs on some models like the 2006 Toyota Tacoma.
If your primary headlights or the high and low beam bulbs are LEDs that provide xenon white color, having a yellow fog light may just ruin the look of the assembly. That is why Beamtech is a good replacement pair for your existing halogen fog lights.
They feature the same L shape as regular halogen fog bulbs while including a proper heat sink. Better IC driver ensures you do not experience flicking. It also offers a wider beam pattern so that you can see the side of the roads better than bulbs like Sealight.
3. Alla Lighting 9145 LED Fog Light Bulb
Color: 8000K ice blue. Plug-n-play, easy installation. CANBUS error free, working power: 8.5W, Volts: 12V ~ 24V; Waterproof IP67
- One of the brightest fog lights in the market with 3800 lumens!
- The ice blue color due to the 8000K color temperature looks excellent when paired with white LED headlight bulbs.
- They do not last as long as other less bright options like Beamtech or Sealight.
Looking for a pair of ice blue fog lights? Not only does the Alla Lighting pair provide a higher color temperature but also they are one of the brightest fog lights in the market. Yes, they are even brighter than the Sealight bulbs!
The installation is not hard with the small L shape design that matches OEM bulbs. They also have a non-polarity feature and you do not have to deal with flickering issues. Overall, they are a good pick if you are okay with a lower lifetime of the pair.
4. AUXITO 9145/9140/H10 LED Fog Light Bulbs
300% Brighter: Adopt high brightness 6500K white CSP led chips, high luminous efficacy up to 2000lm/bulb, 4000lm/set. 3 times brighter than halogen bulbs
- It is a very durable pair due to better aviation aluminum and excellent cooling. The manufacturer ensures 30,000 hours and the users have reported the bulbs to be long-lasting.
- 360-degree illumination; 4000 lumens of brightness; a lot brighter than stock options.
- Caused radio static for some users even with the Canbus driver.
The Auxito fog bulbs are easily distinguishable due to their unique design. We recommend these white fog lights if you are looking for something cheap and long-lasting. Yes, they last even longer than options like Sealight or Beamtech and are even brighter than both of them!
Each of the fog bulbs produces 2000 lumens; there they are more than twice as bright as the regular OEM option.
Good cooling and excellent aluminum body make the bulbs durable. Similar to Sealight, they have 360-degrees illumination. The CAN-bus compatible option works on most vehicles. However, for some cars, you can still experience radio statics.
5. SEALIGHT 3000K Yellow 9140 9145 9040 9045 LED Fog Light DRL Bulbs
Equivalent to 100 Original Bulbs, Strong Penetration, Compatible with Halogen, 3000K as Original Bulb
- A combination of amber yellow color and high lumen output make provide excellent fog visibility.
- Excellent beam pattern which is better than the white fog bulbs by Sealight; you can easily see the sides of the road.
- The installation is not as easy as other Sealight options.
If you live in an area where heavy fogs or snows are expected, then going for a yellow fog light is a better choice than white ones. They cut through fogs and snows easily and provide a clear vision. When it comes to yellow LED fog lights, the Sealight pair is the best and we are going to explain why.
With 3000K yellow color temperature and 4000 lumens of brightness, the bulbs are very practical for foggy weather.
They can also be used for the unique style of light you get as the output. If you only want white lights, go for other options. However, yellow light such as this one is recommended for most practical use.
6. Alla Lighting 9145 H10 LED Fog Light Bulbs
Easy installation, just plug and play. Built-in Intelligent IC driver and aviation aluminum material for best cooling and longer lifespan.
- A good choice if your regular stock headlights are not bright enough. The extra 2800 lumens from these fog lights make night driving easier!
- Draws only 8.5W power; much better than stock options.
- Not suitable for areas with heavy fog due to high brightness.
Not everyone gets fog lights for heavy fog conditions. A lot of drivers require fog lights to add extra brightness to see better at night. If you are one of them, the Alla Lighting xenon white bulbs are made for you.
Due to having 2800 lumens of brightness, these bulbs are not necessarily made for foggy weather even though being labeled as “fog lights.” Instead, these are most useful for cars that have stock halogen bulbs and lack brightness.
Instead of replacing your regular halogen bulbs, installing these cheap fog LEDs can give you enough brightness for night driving.
7. AUXITO 9145 LED Fog Light Bulbs, 6000LM 6500K Cool White Light
300% Brighter than Halogen, 30,000hrs Long Lifespan, 1:1 Safe Beam Pattern, 10-min Installation
- Super bright; 6000 lumens of the brightness of these bulbs can illuminate the road better than halogen stock options.
- Very easy to install; took us less than 10 minutes to get both of them ready!
- A little too bright and white for heavy snow and fog; the lights emitted may scatter.
Similar to the 6000K xenon white option from Alla Lighting, the Auxito 6500K bulbs should be used to increase the brightness of your regular headlights. The bulb set together provides 6000LM.
Such high brightness sounds too much for a pair of fog lights, and it kind of is! But if your regular stock bulbs are lacking performance, these can do the job and keep you safe while driving through dark nights.
Again, we recommend yellowish bulbs if you are concerned with heavy fogs. But if your primary requirement is to have extra bulbs for night driving, these are the ones to go for. Between Auxito and Alla Lighting, the Auxito pair costs a bit more but they offer more brightness.
8. SEALIGHT 9145/9140/H10 LED Fog Lights Bulbs
F2 Series Advantage, 300m Range, H10 LED uses advanced chips, 20-year Life
- Contains an external power supply due to 18W high power consumption. It reduces heat and increases lifetime.
- 6000 lumens high brightness with 6000K color temperature. Goes well with main LED headlights.
- The weatherproof O-ring can make installation on some vehicles harder.
Another pair of bulbs from Sealight and this one provides 6000K white light with 6000LM output. Sealight fog bulbs are the best options for vehicles like Ford F-150 as they can complement the regular bulbs and increase the nighttime driving performance.
These are brighter than the first Sealight bulbs we mentioned but these can lack performance in heavy fog, rain, or snow. So, keep that in mind because these bulbs are highly recommended for regular night driving.
9. AUXITO H10 9145 LED Fog Light Bulbs
400% Brightness Improved, 30,000hrs Long Lifespan, 3000 LM per fog light bulb. Fit for Ford, Chevy, GMC, Tacoma, Tundra, etc
- Both of the bulbs together provide 6000 lumens of brightness.
- Took us only 5 minutes to install them. True plug and play.
- Nearly twice as bright as other LED bulbs.
- A little bit of flickering is noticeable when you turn on the lights.
This Auxito pair is 2000 lumens brighter than the previous one we mentioned from the same brand. They are an excellent pick for GMC and Ford vehicles due to how easy it is to install them.
The best thing about this certain pair is the brightness as they can be more than three times brighter than regular halogen options and twice as bright as LEDs you normally find.
The flickering issue of the bulbs is not significant and we do not think you will be needing a resistor. The aluminum aviation and proper cooling make the pair long-lasting. Overall, if you want a bright fog light pair for night driving, these are great.
Best Halogen 9145 Fog Light Bulbs
1. SYLVANIA - 9145 SilverStar zXe Fog High Performance Halogen Fog Light Bulb
Lights Dim Over Time, Replace In Pairs: Your lights are a pair, one is never turned on without the other
- Plug and play easy installation; does not take too long to set them up.
- Whiter than regular halogen options but not as white as LED headlight bulbs; a great balance between the two.
- Costs a bit more than what you would want to spend on a pair of halogen bulbs.
- Brighter than most stock bulbs but not all.
Sylvania is one of the best brands when it comes to halogen options, and our experts were mostly satisfied with the name. The zXe fog light by Sylvania costs somewhat more than most halogen bulbs.
If you want to go for a halogen option instead of an LED one, Sylvania is a safe pick. It is long-lasting and the heat from the bulb can melt down snow, which is something LEDs lack.
2. Philips 9145 CrystalVision ultra Upgrade Replacement Bright White Fog Bulb
Always replace in pairs to ensure a symmetric light beam from both bulbs on the road. Headlights dim over time.
- Bright enough for good performance during foggy nights.
- Compliments regular LED headlight with a whiter color.
- Not as white as Sylvania bulbs but the yellow light is better for fog.
In terms of longevity and ease of installation, the CrystalVision Ultra is a good choice. Halogen is not always the best option but you can’t go wrong picking Philips bulbs for fog light replacement. These are a little bit better than the stock bulbs you had from the beginning but do not expect too big a difference.
Overall they are whiter than regular halogen but not as white as Sylvania bulbs. This issue would be considered for regular bulb replacement but it is somewhat of an advantage when it comes to fog lights. Yellow lights perform better during heavy snow, fog or rain.
Before choosing the right 9145 fog light bulb to buy for your car, you should keep in mind many things and do your high research on these. We save you time and effort by enlisting a few but very crucially important points to know and check out before choosing the right 9145 fog light bulb.
Although each country's laws vary in terms of what makes automobile bulbs road-legal, there are certain general criteria you can follow to ensure your 9145 halogen fog lights are legal.
The purpose of using your headlights is to be able to see objects on the road between 50 and 100 meters ahead of you so your lights must be bright enough to see, but not so bright that other drivers are blinded.
There are also laws restricting the color of your headlights. Regardless of where you live, the law demands that your headlights be yellow or white.
Color Temperature and Lumen
The average color temperature of 9145 halogen fog light is 2700 kelvin. Although it is considerably pale than 3000K, it usually has a yellow tint. It’s not bright much but bright enough for you to see obstacles 50-100 meters ahead of you.
Efficiency and Wattage
It’s important to note that fog lights perform best when the color temperature is warmer rather than cooler. Yellow light bounces off the fog in a different way than bluish light, and it is far more effective at lighting up the road.
Moreover, it can produce such effectively bright lumen with a really low wattage of 45 watts on average.
Keep in mind that the primary aim of fog lights is to highlight the road surface. It doesn't matter what color light you use if the fog lights aren't installed at the right height. In hazy situations, they will not help your visibility.
Your fog light should be 12-24 inches above the ground because fog settles roughly two feet off the ground. As a result, not only the color but also the placement of the fog light must be considered.
Make sure your fog lights are working properly and emitting the best quality of light before winter arrives.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Color Bulbs are the Best for Fog Lights?
Even though for regular headlights we recommend white LED options, yellow bulbs are the best for fog lights. Moreover, looking at white lights for too long can frustrate your eyes. Therefore, for practical use, you should pick yellow bulbs as fog lights.
Is 9145 and H10 the Same Bulb?
Both 9145 and H10 use a PY20D base and they are single filament bulbs. Therefore, they are the same type of bulbs.
What bulb can replace a 9145?
You should use a 9145 bulb for outdoor lighting since it's the most common and affordable type of bulb. But if you want to replace it with a low-energy bulb, then the CFL bulbs (Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs) are perfect for that task.
They consume less energy than standard bulbs, and hence, save a lot of energy. A 9145-B can be replaced by a 60W equivalent T5 bulb. They are both daylight-optimized bulbs that come in white color.
Are halogen lights good in the fog?
Yes, halogen lights are extremely useful when it comes to lighting up a pathway, driveway, etc., in low-light conditions. But this comes with a caveat, and that is, halogens aren't great in bright, direct sunlight.
So if you have a lot of sunlight shining directly on your pathway or driveway, you might want to consider something like a solar path light instead.
Can you replace halogen fog lights with LED?
Yes, you can replace halogen fog lights with LED. LED lights consume less energy, are safer, and provide better visibility. But you should know that the light output provided by LED lights is weaker than halogen ones, which may make you miss some details of the road.
Is halogen or LED better for fog lights?
Fog lights are available in both halogen and LED variants, and the former is more common among cars. Halogen headlights are bright, however, they contain a lot of mercury, which can be toxic, especially if inhaled.
Also, halogen bulbs are prone to failure, while LED bulbs last longer than halogens, and don't contain mercury.
Can I use headlight bulbs for fog lights?
A lot of vehicles come with headlight bulbs as fog lights. However, it’s possible to use those for regular headlights as well, since the bulbs have similar characteristics. The best way to tell if you can use them for fog lights or not is to check the specification of the bulbs - if it says “fog light”, then you can use them.
Are LED lights better for fog?
Yes, LED lights are much better for fog than other lighting options. Since they emit light without using electricity, these lights don't produce any heat, and therefore, do not emit any fumes either. They're also safe to use indoors, since they don't generate much light, and their low power consumption allows them to be used for a longer period of time.
Can I put LED bulbs in halogen fittings?
LED bulbs can only be used with halogen lamps. And since these lights use halogen bulbs, you cannot use them with LED bulbs. If you really want to use LED bulbs, you can convert a halogen bulb to an LED bulb.
Are 9140 and 9145 bulbs the same?
No, the 9140 and 9145 bulbs are not the same. The 9145 bulb has a higher output, which allows it to work in lower-wattage light fixtures. For instance, it can be used in a 75W bulb instead of a 150W bulb. But the 9145 bulb is a bit more expensive than the 9140 bulbs.
Do LED fog lights need a conversion kit?
LED fog lights don't require a conversion kit. They are direct replacements for the halogen bulbs, and they generate a lot less heat and light. So, unless the manufacturer has specified otherwise, you don't need to buy any additional equipment to operate them.
How do you fit LED fog lights?
LED fog lights should be fitted with a bulb socket with a 12V plug and a car battery. There are different types of bulb sockets available in the market, so you should check that your LED fog light has one of these sockets. This way, you can plug it directly into the socket and connect the 12V power source.
If you do not get a lot of foggy and snowy days, we recommend you go for white LED fog bulbs. They last long and also look good with regular white LEDs.
However, if you are need bulbs that are the most practical for foggy weather, you can go for the Sealight 3000K pair. The yellow lights provide better visibility as they cut through fogs. Go for halogen if snowy weather is a concern.