How to Choose 9007 Headlight Bulbs In 2022
When it comes to purchasing vehicle headlights, we can’t help but stay vigilant. A perfect headlight isn’t just your source of light, but it prevents potential accidents, law-regarding problems, and comfortable driving. Our today’s topic is about the best 9007 headlights. We collected the bests among countless ones and reviewed them.
People also call 9007 bulbs HB5 bulbs. They fit many vehicle models, including Chevy Cavalier, Metro, Dodge Caravan, Neon, Eagle Vision, Ford F150-F350, Mustang, Taurus, Aerostar, Windster, and many more.
You can check the buying guide and FAQ section for more information about the best headlight of this size.
Best 9007 Headlight Bulbs In 2022
Table of Contents
- Best 9007 Headlight Bulbs In 2022
- 1. SEALIGHT Scoparc S1 6000K Cool White Light
- 2. SEALIGHT LED Bulbs 14000 Lumens, HB4 LED Light with 400% Brightness
- 3. SEALIGHT 9007/HB5 LED Bulbs
- 4. SEALIGHT 9007 12000LM Super Bright Cool White Dual Beam LED Bulbs
- 5. Philips 9007 X-tremeVision Upgrade Headlight Bulb
- 6. Fahren 9007/HB5 LED Headlight Bulbs
- 7. Antline 9007 14000 Lumens Super Bright Dual High/Low Beam LED Headlights Conversion Kit
- 8. AUXLIGHT 9007 HB5 High Low Dual Beam LED Headlight Bulbs
- 9. Fahren 9007 12000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit
- 10. SYLVANIA 9007 SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb
- 11. Ford Headlight Lamp Bulb Socket Retainer Rings
- 12. Dorman 42415 Headlamp Bulb Retainer
- Buying Guide
- 9007 Headlight Bulb Wiring Diagram
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Note
1. SEALIGHT Scoparc S1 6000K Cool White Light
Equipped with external driver, SEALIGHT 9005 9006 led bulbs can effectively alleviate the mismatch problem caused by decoding.
- It can operate in harsh temperatures within -155.2 to 348.8°F.
- The aluminum cooling system has designs that decrease internal temperature up to 220°F.
- While very white, the light isn’t the brightest. It has 6,500 LM for every pair for high-beam.
For starters, we have the SEALIGHT Scoparc S1, a nice combination of an easy installation system and a high lumen. It is two pairs of headlights where one has the size of 9005 while the other has 9007. The 6000K Xenon White light will make your night driving brighter than ever.
These headlights have a wide view range compared to regular ones and a long vision of 150 meters. They take only five minutes to install and last for over 50,000 hours. It is also waterproof up to IP67. It’s a direct replacement of stock halogen and installable vehicle models with 9005 and 9007 size requirements.
2. SEALIGHT LED Bulbs 14000 Lumens, HB4 LED Light with 400% Brightness
Compatible with 99% of vehicles’ system. But for some sensitive cars, may require an additional CAN bus decoder to be installed
- With 14,000 Lumens, this is one of the brightest LED headlights on this list.
- They are IP67 waterproof, letting you drive through the rain without worry.
- Not always, but rarely, the lights started shutting off for a couple of seconds.
Our second product on this list is also from SEALIGHT, and it’s the 9006 version of the previous LED Bulbs. Now, they can actually be installed on 9007 headlight slots too. It has high brightness, unlike the last item, and also has a Xenon White light color.
Its high 400% extra light brightness can pierce through the darkness and fogginess of the road ahead. Suitable as front headlight only, these non-polarity lights emit long, wide, and focused beams.
You need only 10 minutes to install them. The product features a plug-and-play system and has an aluminum heatsink that cools 200% efficiently.
3. SEALIGHT 9007/HB5 LED Bulbs
300% Brightness: SEALIGHT 9007 LED bulb Equipped with 24pcs 60w high-power top automotive-grade LED chips.
- It has a lifespan of 50,000 hours, which means it can survive around 20 years of 6-hour driving every day.
- 4-inches bead spacing makes it super focused to the front.
- While the high beam is okay, the low beam should have been a bit brighter.
The SEALIGHT 9007 LED Bulbs is parallel to the previous two products, except it is the most suited to 9007 vehicles. It needs no adapter or modification to install it, and it offers plug-and-play. Unlike the last two, this one features a 6500K color.
Wider than most traditional headlights, this LED pair has a 360° angle range and a brightness of 300% higher than halogen. Its beam pattern only focuses on the road ahead and does not blind oncoming traffic.
The installation process is similar to its 9006 counterparts. The 12,000 RPM fan makes its cooling system work wonderfully.
4. SEALIGHT 9007 12000LM Super Bright Cool White Dual Beam LED Bulbs
Sealed beam type for any truck or car, 100% Plug N play Design, made with Osram LED Chips and Upgrade polycarbonate lenses.
- The bulbs offer 6,000K, which is balanced to keep it white enough without causing eyestrains.
- 0.06-inches CSP chips provide correct light concentration while removing dark spots.
- The lights start flickering in some cases. As always, it doesn’t happen always but has a chance of happening.
As you can see, SEALIGHT is one of the best brands for headlights. The SEALIGHT 9007 24×CSP Chips is another version of their 9007 LED Bulb, except it has a higher lumen and a different chip. But it offers a lower color temperature compared to the letter.
For superior brightness, this headlight contains 12,000 lumens and a Xenon White color (6000K). It is a universal fit and has a plug-and-play. The 0.5-inches heat sink is suitable for advanced heat dissipation without any fan failure.
It performs without any noise. While needing 60W to operate, these headlights are super energy-efficient.
5. Philips 9007 X-tremeVision Upgrade Headlight Bulb
When installing a new bulb, never touch the glass. Either use gloves or paper towel when handling.
- They can fit a variety of vehicle models with different headlight sizes.
- OEM quality parts ensure a better and long-lasting performance.
- Its light is not bright compared to the other LED lights we reviewed before.
We all want a better vision from our headlights. The Philips 9007 X-TremeVision will provide you with 100% more vision than your average headlights. Meanwhile, it has many other versions with 30%, 60% clear views, and one with higher white color.
As a halogen beam, these headlights offer longer beams on the road. Lights from them also are bright enough to see through rain, fog, snow, and darkness. Obviously, the light can tackle all weather conditions.
You can put them on vehicles with 9003 to 9008 headlight sizes. The installation process of it isn’t hard either. Finally, the pair of headlights comes at a really affordable price.
6. Fahren 9007/HB5 LED Headlight Bulbs
Sealed beam type for any truck or car, 100% Plug N play Design, made with Osram LED Chips and Upgrade polycarbonate lenses.
- The carved heat sink, 12000-RPM turbofan, and built-in circulating coolant together make heat dissipation faster.
- IP68 waterproof rating makes the bulbs suitable for the worst kinds of weather conditions.
- Plug and play 10-minutes installation.
- Some users have faced issues about the high beam indicators not working after a certain point.
How does 20,000 LM sound? Too bright? Don’t worry because the focused lighting provided by Fahren’s chip ensures that no drivers get blinded while you drive with the brightest pair of headlights! Moreover, the 6500K color temperature of the lights provides clearer vision compared to other typical gloomy lamps.
Fahren’s cooling system can compete with the likes of Philips and SEALIGHT. The bulbs feature a carved heat sink of aluminum construction. That’s not it! They also have a super-fast 12000 RPM silent fan installed as well as a circulating coolant built-in that keeps the unit heat-free.
7. Antline 9007 14000 Lumens Super Bright Dual High/Low Beam LED Headlights Conversion Kit
Long Lifespan Over 5,0000 Hours, 3 Times Brighter Than Halogen, CAN bus-Ready for 98% Vehicles
- Smaller than usual similar items due to having built-in chip; proper plug and play.
- Proper glare control ensures that the bulbs are bright for the driver not the upcoming vehicles on the other side.
- The bulbs, according to some users, are not suitable for vehicles like the 2000 Nissan Xterra.
Suitable for almost all types of vehicles in the market, the Antline bulbs are focused enough to provide 3 times brighter light than usual halogen headlights. Each pair emits 14,000LM bright light that lights up the street for you to see clearly with a 6500K cool light.
Turbofan and heat sink make the cooling system of the Antline bulbs as good as Fahren 120W options. So, you may want to go for these bulbs if 120W seems too much and you want to stay around 80W ones.
8. AUXLIGHT 9007 HB5 High Low Dual Beam LED Headlight Bulbs
AUXLIGHT led headlight bulbs built in upgraded driver with smart IC, work with 99% of vehicle's computer system without error.
- Well-made housing with quality long-lasting construction.
- 6500K color temperature; very white light and not blue at all!
- Some flickers can be seen at the start-up.
The AUXLIGHT pair is pretty similar to Fahren and Antline bulbs except for the fact that these are 30W options with 12000LM brightness. Therefore, they consume less energy while still providing a bright vision of the road.
Excellent chip utilized in these bulbs ensures the light pattern to have excellent beam and zero blind spots. They can light up to 650 feet or 200 meters ahead of you, giving you a full image of where your vehicle is heading.
With an IP68 waterproof rating, these bulbs can operate in the harshest rains or snow and even during the hottest summer days. The operating temperature of these is from -49 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Fahren 9007 12000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit
The filter system may not be 100% accurate or up to date, please check your owner's manual or the part number on your original bulbs to confirm the bulb size.
- 300% brighter than your OEM halogen headlights due to better beam pattern, focusing ability, and high luminosity.
- These feature the standard 9007 sockets, making installation easier along with their small size.
- 360 degrees adjustable light; excellent pick for models of Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, etc.
- Owners of Dodge and the 2008 Ford Ranger might face issues with installation.
If you already like the Fahren 120W bulbs we mentioned previously but want a 60W option, then these will be perfect.
Besides the wattage, the primary difference between these and the 120W ones is the luminosity. These bulbs offer you 12000LM, which is pretty bright but on the other hand, 120W options come with the capacity to offer 20,000LM.
The excellent cooling driver and smart IC built-in make these bulbs suitable for almost every vehicle model without causing issues with the vehicle’s system and provide the best cooling performance.
10. SYLVANIA 9007 SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb
As one of the trusted leaders in automotive lighting, SYLVANIA is dedicated to the performance and value of their products.
- Comes with a cobalt blue coating that provides better color compared to regular halogen lights.
- No special tools are needed for the plug-and-play installation of the bulbs.
- There is a slight yellow tint to the bulbs as some users have stated.
We recommend LED over halogen if you are trying to go for the brightest option but these are exceptional. The Sylvania halogen bulbs are HID and thus offer excellent brightness and better color temperature than your regular halogen options. And yes, they are street legal even though these are HID bulbs.
The color of the light is significantly whiter than regular halogen lights, but you can’t expect the lights to be as white as the Fahren or the Antline bulbs on our list. If you do not want to change from OEM stock lights to LED, then these are the options we would recommend you to go for!
11. Ford Headlight Lamp Bulb Socket Retainer Rings
- Fits a range of Ford models and provides a perfect OEM-like fit.
- Installation is easy for a lot of Ford models but may be hard for a few.
Looking for a 9007 bulb retainer ring for your Ford? These are excellent options for replacing OEM ones. With strong construction, these hold the bulbs in place and ensure the safety of the headlights. Although these are more expensive than the Dorman retainers, it is understandable because of the quality and being an OEM fit for Ford vehicles.
12. Dorman 42415 Headlamp Bulb Retainer
- Can withstand extreme temperature and conditions.
- Does not fit some Ford models like the 1991 Festiva L.
These Dorman retainer rings are significantly cheaper than the Ford ones we mentioned before but they do not lack in quality. Compared to factory rings, these are significantly smaller and only take around ten minutes for installation. If you are going to use 9004 or 9007 bulbs, these are excellent options!
Ending up with a poor-quality headlight for a vehicle is not something anyone wants to experience. Hence, it is obligatory to go through the product details for a better idea of it. When buying a 9007 headlight bulb LED or HID, you should consider some factors.
Only purchase a 9007 headlight after you are sure of its features instead of getting carried away by the hype. Without further ado, let us look at some points that can determine the qualities of a 9007 headlight.
Different Headlight Types
Based on the type of light, you can choose your vehicle headlight from the three types. They are Halogen, HID, or LED. Halogen is the traditional headlight that often comes as the stock headlight of a vehicle. They are not that suitable for night driving and only good for dim or foggy areas.
HID is much brighter and lets you drive at night. They also have a longer lifespan of around 8,000 hours of usage. They have pretty complex installation systems.
LED is the best among the three but also most costly. It lasts for up to 50,000h and can stay cold, thanks to its heat dissipation. Their installation system is so easy and quick.
Lumen and Color Temperature
There are two units that any vehicle headlight has. They are the lumen and color temperature. Lumen is the brightness level of your headlight. The state laws from your place should describe the range of lumen allowed during day and night. But the best lumen should be at least 6,000 for nighttime.
Color temperature indicates the whitening of the light. Too yellowish light is not advisable for nighttime, while too white ones may cause eyestrains. Most experts will agree that Xenon White or 6000K is the perfect color temperature.
Lens and Chip
The lens is one of the vital parts of the headlights. A bad-quality lens may cause dark spots or flickering. Look for headlights with tempered glass lenses as they won’t get stains or scratches.
Regarding the chip, it converts electricity to light. A better chip saves up a lot of energy. Just divide the lumen with its wattage, and you will find the chip efficiency of a headlight.
It is a feature that makes your installation system go like a breeze. Make sure that the headlight features a plug-and-play. Otherwise, you will have to spend a long time or money to install it.
9007 Headlight Bulb Wiring Diagram
The wiring system of a 9007 headlight bulb is not anything complex, and anyone should be able to do it. As you can see on the image, the wiring system of 9004 and 9007 are so similar, yet there are slight differences. There are three wires for three ports- High beam, low beam, and ground.
For a 9007 wiring, make sure that the black or brown wire goes into the ground port, which stays in the middle. The red or white wire is for the low beam that stays on the right if you hold the socket like in the diagram.
Afterward, insert the blue wire in the high beam port at the left. If inserted wrongly, you can use a flat-head screwdriver to take out the prongs from the socket and insert them correctly.
Frequently Asked Questions
9007 Headlight Bulb Fits What Vehicles?
There are a number of vehicles that require 9007 or HB5 headlights. Some notable of them will be -
- Cobalt, Cavalier, or Metro from Chevy.
- Concorde, New Yorker, Voyager, and Sebring models from Chrysler.
- Caravan, Dakota, Neon, and Durango from Dodge.
- Eagle Vision.
- Aerostar, Escort, Mustang, F150 Heritage, Windster, Taurus, Explorer, Crown Victoria, and Bronco from Ford.
Is H7 Bulb Same As 9007?
No, H7 isn’t similar to 9007. When we say H bulbs, the latter stands for Halogen. 9007 is the same as HB5 (Halogen Beam 5) instead.
How to Replace 9007 Headlight Bulb?
When you are replacing your 9007 headlight bulbs with a plug-and-play, you can follow these steps-
- First, take the plug/socket out from the bulb.
- Unhook the bulb by removing the hook from the back.
- Take the bulb out very carefully without touching the glass.
- Put the new bulb in carefully now. Make sure that the flat side of the bulb’s back stays at the upper side.
- Set the hook back-up.
- Plug the socket back in.
Is 9007 high or low beam?
A high beam for your vehicle is defined as the light which shines directly above you, and a low beam is defined as the light that shines below you. These two types of lights are used in different conditions and hence have different purposes. 9007 has both high and low beam patterns.
Is H13 and 9007 the same?
H13 and 9007 are the same. The difference between the two is that H13 is for the North American region and 9007 is for Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Africa (EMEA) region.
Is 9007 a dual filament?
Yes, 9007 is a dual filament. It consists of two 7-watt halogen bulbs, which each generate about 7 watts of light. Since it's a halogen bulb, it’s not recommended for pool use. But it's fine for other outdoor lighting applications.
Once you buy a headlight set, it shouldn’t make you buy another for at least the next 6-7 years. What we mean is that you should get one that takes you through years of driving.
So, take some time for the research of the headlight. Make sure that your vehicle actually supports a 9007 headlight.
Our top pick among the products we reviewed will be the SEALIGHT Scoparc S1 and the SEALIGHT 9007 LED Bulbs. Both are from the top brand and are crafted with people’s safety in mind. They fit 9007 vehicles perfectly, offer a balanced color, and are long-lasting.